16 Inspiring Love Quotes from Great Musicians - Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine’s Day, 16 best love quotes from composers, musicians, singers and other music personalities.

Franz Schubert

franz schubert
Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

wolfgang amadeus mozart
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.

Benjamin Britten

Benjamin Britten
These two are not two, love has made them one. Amo Ergo Sum! And by its mystery each is no less but more.

Hildegard von Bingen

Hildegart von Bingen
Love, which, in concert with Abstinence, established Faith, and which, along with Patience, builds up Chastity, is like the columns that sustain the four corners of a house. For it was that same Love which planted a glorious garden redolent with precious herbs and noble flowers–roses and lilies–which breathed forth a wondrous fragrance, that garden on which the true Solomon was accustomed to feast his eyes. (Letter to the Monk Guibert, 1176)

Gian Carlo Menotti

gian carlo menotti
I know of no better definition of love than the one given by Proust - Love is space and time measured by the heart.

Maurice Ravel

maurice ravel
The only love affair I have ever had was with music.

Robert Schumann

robert schumann
You appear in the Novelletten in every possible circumstance, in every irresistible form… They could only be written by one who knows such eyes as yours and has touched such lips as yours.

Clara Schumann

clara schumann
I do not want horses or diamonds – I am happy in possessing you.

Igor Stravinsky

igor stravinsky
What force is more potent than love?

Luciano Pavarotti

pavarotti
Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail.

George Gershwin

gershwin
For suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London town
The sun was shining everywhere…

Johannes Brahms

brahms
“I can do nothing but think of you… What have you done to me? Can’t you remove the spell you have cast over me?”

Ludwig van Beethoven

beethoven
…you know my faithfulness to you, never can another own my heart, never – never – never…

Richard Wagner

wagner
We fell silent and all joking ceased. We gazed mutely into each other’s eyes and an intense longing for the fullest avowal of the truth forced us to a confession, requiring no words whatever, or the incommensurable misfortune that weighed upon us. With tears and sobs we sealed a vow to belong to each other alone.

Frédéric Chopin

chopin
Inspiration and ideas only come to me when I have not had a woman in a very long time… Ballads, polonaises, even a whole concerto may have been lost forever up your des durka, I can’t tell you how many. I have been so deeply engulfed in my love for you I have hardly created anything.

Claude Debussy

debussy
I love music passionately. And because I love it I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment